Tuesday, March 01, 2005

It's 10.30pm and I was going to have finished the 500 word flash fiction that I started on Sunday by now. Yup completed - ready to go - finito!

Instead I'm net surfing, checking out the Clarion Yahoo Messages, reading Suzanne's blog, generally stuffing around. I'm much closer to finishing my flash fiction than I was at 8pm when I got in. In fact all I need to do is nut out the final paragraph, the closing line.... not as easy done as said.

I'm not going to bed till it's finished. No siree.... busy day tomorrow - got to get up early and run 'cos I've got some lunch meeting with the local police and an after work one with local sporty types. So the sooner I finish wasting time here the sooner I'll be in bed, eyes closed, mind floating to that sleepy place. I better set two alarm clocks... or even better three. I'm hopeless at getting out of bed when I'm not meeting someone. Where's my Canadian running buddy? Hey?

Stop reading. If you weren't reading I wouldn't feel compelled to write - then I could finish my damn story and go to bed. It's all your fault. I'm not responsible. Ok on the count of three I'll stop writing and you'll stop reading.

One.... two..... three

Why are you still reading?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm right here, in Snowdonia, wondering where to find my inspiration to get up in the morning. I bought new shoes too. Nike ones, with the big exposed pillars that claim to be the next best cushioning technology for runners. We'll see how well they last. On the bright side, I passed the 800 mile (1280km) mark on my treadmill today. Yay!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

You go girl! I set two alarms and snoozed past em both. I have signed up for Boot Camp again starting Monday morning... that way I have to get out of bed.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home