Thursday, February 03, 2005

Okay - so this weeks story really was rubbish. I'd known it wasn't working when I handed it in, so the feedback in the critique room today wasn't really a surprise. I probably will come back one day and rewrite it. Not because I think it's worth rescueing, but because I think I'll learn from the effort.

Still - I got 800 words on paper this afternoon (new exciting happy words) for the collaboration. And played with some fun ideas that I wouldn't normally consider trying to write about - so it's not all bad.

I had a bit of a hissy fit this afternoon about the state of the kitchen. As the weeks have worn on and we've all got increasingly tired the group effort on housework has kind of slipped a bit - or maybe I'm just grumpy and noticing more than I did a few weeks ago.

This evening the rest of the floor headed out to a reading in town by tutor Ian Irvine. I think they were just scared because it was my turn to cook! Ended up eating and critiquing on level 2 this evening - just a few of us. Was nice to have a change of scene (even if only by one floor) and the quiet with most of the building being out and about was lovely.

An earlier night for me tonight - must get a run in tomorrow - been very lazy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home