Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm feeling a sense of achievement at the moment. Over the last week I've done a complete rewrite of my YA manuscript, deleted probably 1,000 words and written a couple of thousand shiny new words.

My word counter is currently sitting at 40,500 and I'm getting close to the end. So close I can almost sniff it! Only 5,000 - 10,000 words to go!

Last night did some line edits (cos I was feeling kind of sleepy) and then for no particular reason decided that a particular scene needed more dialogue - so I dialogued ("Blah, blah," she said.... and so forth).

I think because the end is in sight I'm suffering increasingly from temptation to put it aside, to finish a short story that currently languishes, to go back to the amazingly bad fantasy novel I started writing before I'd even heard about Clarion. Better yet to turn it into a fantasy duo (cos a trilogy would be wayyyyy to many words in a row for my small mind to contemplate). I MUST hold myself back. Finish project 1 first - then time for projects 2 to 96!

I've got a worky thingy tomorrow - but hoping to get some time in the afternoon building my ms. I'm at the crisis point. Our fiesty young heroine must stop the train!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You go girl, you're an inspiration.

If only I had the courage to look at my novel.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

You'll get back to it.

I can't tell you how many times over the last 18 months I've put this down and ignored it for a while.

Don't be too hard on yourself - you're going through a bit a the moment. Maybe let other stuffs settle down first.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home