Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm lucky for a whole heap of reasons. In fact the more I see news reports on places like Timor the more I realise how lucky I am. Where we are born is really just chance.

But that's not what this blog entry is about. It's about being lucky enough to have been chosen to participate in Clarion South 2005, and the fact that the people who went all got along and that the tutors have been generous with their time and friendship.

And through that experience I hooked into Thorbies - which is another bunch of fabulous people.

Last night I went into town to Galaxy Books for a signing Ellen Datlow was doing and then we kicked on for a bite to eat. Margo Lanagan, the Sydney CS05 gang, a couple of Thorbies. I think 12 of us sat down to dinner. I had a really lovely evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. Nathan emailed me and said you all got a chance to catch up.

Of course, I wish I could have been there, but the vicarious blog reports are close. :)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home