Thursday, April 27, 2006

Remember when videos first came in. There was Beta and VHS. If you'd bought Beta you had the superior product but VHS killed it with good marketing. (Kind of like Apple and Microsoft, except Apple's making a late comeback whereas Beta seems lost forever.)

At first the video shop had a pretty even balance of Beta and VHS videos, as time passed the Beta buyers ended up having to hang at the back of the shop, and dig in corners to find Beta releases. They became 'The Beta Freaks', sad lonely life forms with no friends and no Friday night entertainment.

It's similiar these days. Blogger and LiveJournal. Well I picked Blogger. If this were 20 odd years ago I'd be the sad Beta buyer. It seems that Blogger just isn't as sexy as LiveJournal. All the cool kids hang on LiveJournal. Oh I could move but I've made my commitment and while I might not be smart - I sure as hell can manage loyal.

Blogger will come back I tell ya.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm here.

I'm also on LJ.

I guess I'm a Beta Geek AND a VHS lemming.

:)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ahh but you're on LJ... that makes you one of the cool kids!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home