Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Well I'm a week in on my alcohol free bint. I've broken the limit and current the charity of my choice is $30 up and with a big work function for Luke on Friday night involving free French champagne I'm guessing by Saturday morning I'm going to be feeding a small African village somewhere.

On the good side I have cut back considerably. I was in the habit of having pretty much a glass of wine or two every evening and say twice a week consuming the better part of a bottle of wine... and that's not counting special occassions when I would drink a bit more.

So I'm actually feeling pretty healthy. My liver is loving me and, despite the temptation of champagne on Friday, I'm pretty determined to limit things to a couple of drinks and then return to an alcohol free state.

The other good thing is not drinking helps writing. I've had pretty productive evenings both Sunday and last night - so that also feels pretty good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good work so far.

Just keep at it, and I think you'll like the way your body feels so much you'll scoff at alcohol.

"Ha! Who needs the stuff!" you'll say.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home