Sunday, July 31, 2005

For months I've been fighting with my mouse. It's sticky and erratic and won't point where I want it to. I've tried taking off the back piece to clean the ball - but that's firmly stuck in place (broken fingernails in the attempt!)

Today, in a rare moment of IT interaction, I bought a new mouse. I have to admit I was a little flummoxed when I saw the range of mice that are available. Ones with balls, with lasers, cordless and wireless in fact almost everything but handsfree! What colour, what style, what price and, most importantly, would it actually plug into the back of my computer and work.

Well it's all plugged in now. The ease of movement, the gentlest of touches and arrow points where arrow should. Why didn't I do this months ago? Why did I let my fear of all things technical interfer with such mouse pleasure?

Which such success under my belt I might even buy tht USB cable I need for my printer. Two bits of technology in quick succession - I can feel my geekiness growing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home