Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Submission Etiquette

I might have mentioned I attended a 6 week writing course at the beginning of this year. Each week a different tutor - published writer or, in the case of Ellen Datlow, publisher.

All of us, students and tutors, share a yahoo groups message board. This morning Ellen D posted up a message to the effect that 'I've just received a submission from one of you (you know who you are) who addressed me as Ms Datlow...' I'll cut to the chase. She pointed out that having spent a week tutoring, eating and drinking with us she would hope that we'd refer to her as Dear Ellen.

Well I fessed up (after a angst ridden email to N - who mentioned that it might have been him...). Then the response came back - two people had fessed up - and neither was actually the guilty culprit! Well we all erred on the side of caution. In fact the frenzy of writer angst was pretty funny retrospectively!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home