Thursday, June 30, 2005

'You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.'
Quote by Jack London

This quote kind of suits my mood today. I'm working on a story at the moment. Last night I worked through the 2700 odd words I had, crossed some out, wrote new ones.

In the small hours of the night I worked out a scene that had to go in. I was up at 6am, heater on, huddled over the keyboard typing away.

Inspiration never seems to come when you have time and are prepared for it. It hides in dark corners and crash tackles you at the worst of moments.

The other sad fact is that the story I'm working on, is actually just a distraction, a form of procrastination in itself. This is the year I've commited to getting a whole book written. It's halfway through the year and I'm less than a quarter of the way through what I intend. Somewhere along the line I'm going to have to pull out that club and get cracking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home