Friday, December 24, 2004

'Twas the night before Christmas....

And I've got bed sheets to wash, clothes to pack, gifts to wrap, and finances to worry about (Body Corporate fees for the next quarter arrived yesterday - a nice little Christmas bonus!)

Heading over to Merilyn's this evening for dinner. Depending on the weather tomorrow I'm planning an early trip to the beach before heading to Mittagong and then onto Basin View.

Very much looking forward to a few days of quiet. Was going to get my hands on the borrowed laptop to take with me - but have decided that if I want to write I can do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper. I'll Pick up the laptop post Christmas and make sure I've got everything I need to take away then.

It's funny - I've been deliberately not writing the last few weeks - saving all my ideas for Clarion. As a result my mind is full of ideas (most of these will probably vanish when I come to actually putting them on paper).

The first package of Clarion Stories for critique has arrived - this makes it all seem very real and very close - I guess that's 'cos it is! I've worked my way through them and made notes - so I'm feeling very efficient.

The office is very quiet this afternoon with just Kathy and I holding fort. The Mayor's just dropped in. We're shutting up shop at 3.00pm. From the silence of the phones I think everyone else in Sydney has already declared it the holiday season!

Ho, ho, ho to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home