Monday, December 20, 2004

Friday night was our staff Christmas Party. The team from my office had all agreed that we'd glam it up with feather boas. Having never caught a bus wearing a feather boa previously I did notice that I seemed to draw some attention.

At about 11pm I made 'kicked on' and head into town to meet up with my mate Peter and some of his friends. Lots of fun but I paid for it on Saturday.

Saturday lunch was a get together with some of the Sydney based Clarionites at Nathan's house. It was great! Everyone seemed to 'click' and we had some good conversations about writing, what we think it will be like and lots of humour. Still being a little tired and emotional from the previous evening I'm not sure I gave my best first impression - but I figure I've got six weeks to redeem myself.

So I"ve now met: Mark Barnes, Emma Munro, Deborah McDonall, Nathan Burrage and I already knew me!

A lot of them have written novel length pieces. Am lost in admiration!

Saturday night was a bit of a pre Christmas catch up at Wahroongah with Random, Noel, Tom, Chris, Zoe and Peter. Then on Sunday out to Camden to catch up with Gail and family - and Terence last night.

Was absolutely wonderful catching up with everyone - but am very much looking forward to a quiet, early night at home tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home