Saturday, September 23, 2006

I could talk about work, and where my big event tomorrow is at, the issues we've had with it along the way.

Instead I'm going to post this groovy review of 'The Outcast' anthology by Russell B Farr from Ticonderoga Online.

"Things of Beauty" by Susan Wardle is possibly the strongest story in the collection with its internally consistent setting, depth of characterisation and well structured, convincing storytelling. The world is ugly, dark and unmerciful to the unprivileged, and amidst this a kind-hearted Faginesque character manages to instil dreams of hope among the youth while inciting them to steal unappreciated items of beauty by night. Of the ClarionSouth graduates over the last few years, Wardle has possibly benefited the most, having produced a number of consistently excellent stories since she attended the workshop.

I don't know if I've benefited most.... but this is a story I probably couldn't have written pre-Clarion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! What a fantastic review!

I'm so happy for you!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home