Monday, August 15, 2005

I've just jumped on the web and discovered that I've won 2nd prize in the KSP Writers Center Science Fiction & Fantasy Competition for my story 'Here be Monsters'. Very excited! Actually came second in this very same competition last year.

I've pasted the judges comments here:

2nd place in this year’s competition is awarded to “Here Be Monsters” by Susan Wardle. This is a story with strong, believable characters, a valid plot, and traumatic events. Quiet horror suffused every level of this tale. The ending wound up rather suddenly, but overall, Wardle managed to convey a realistic and dark story to its logical conclusion. Like the winner, an automatic choice for both judges.

Yipee me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic! I liked that story. It must feel cool to do so well in a national level competition!

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home