Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sometimes I'm just too harsh.

This is about someone I know. A person I've met through work. Someone who, for the past 18 months I've been writing off as socially inept, a poor communicator, pompous and without a single original thought in their head.

Tonight I learned that I'd been too judgemental. On two separate occassions this evening I saw behind the exterior, the heart of the man. Saw him speak passionately and in a well informed manner on two seprate topics. Expressing himself well (far better than I've ever seen before). I feel terrible about having been so judgement - but it's also kind of exciting seeing this person defy the limitations I'd set on them. I'm opening my eyes and forcing myself to look more closely at people. It's too easy to look no further than the surface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home