Thursday, December 01, 2005

Well an exciting 12 hours (and most of it was spent sleeping)!

Last night I got home from dinner out and discovered an email from the fabulous Trevor congratulating me on making the 2nd round of the Harper Collins Varuna Award. This means I'm amongst 20 - 30 novels which will be considered with the main 'prize' being a 10 day residential workshop with a Harper Collins Editor. To make it that far would be a dream - to be shortlisted is pretty excellent!

Then to follow up I jumped onto Horrorscope. Matthew Tait has posted a review of ShadowBox and, to my delight, singles out my story 'Changing' for a mention.

Changing by Susan Wardie is charged with an erotic, almost incestuous feel.

It doesn't sound like a big mention - but I was thrilled to be singled out.

Now all I have to do is rearrange my diary so I can spend the next 10 days writing in order to polish up the 20,000 words of my novel that I now have to submist for round 2 of the Harper Collins Varuna award!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you. The shorlist is great, and if you win...well I won't jinx it by speculating. I have my fingers crossed for you.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Linta said...

Yay you!!

Did they really call you Susan Wardie?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ya - but I've had a little word and someone has corrected it now I believe!

That Susan Wardie - she's always following me around places trying to steal all the glory!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home