Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Recently, while walking through Glebe Markets with Rju he recommended a book of short stories by J Ballerd (or Bellard). Last night, having got thoroughly frustrated with writing (I'm trying to change a first person present tense story into second (or third) person past tense and the story seems to be losing its soul in the process) I went to bed and read.

The language is lovely, the ideas fabulous. In fact having turned out the light it was on again minutes later with me scratching notes. I got up early this morning and scratched for another 20 minutes or so before work. A brand new idea... how exciting! Much more interesting than rewrites or changes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linta said...

I think he may have meant J Ballard.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks Linta - One of these days I'll learn to spell! :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Linta said...

Oh no need, no need. That's what editors are for, right?

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home