Friday, October 14, 2005

My story, 'Things of Beauty', has been shortlisted for consideration for the CSFG anthology 'Outcast'. This brings up to 3 the number of stories I currently have shortlisted for different publications. Pretty exciting stuff!

I've also just finished 'Magic or Madness' by Justine Larbalestier. I am starting to ask myself why I bother with adult fiction when there is so much cool young adult fiction around!

Now it's Friday and I don't have to go into work today. I'm sitting in my bathrobe at the computer. The morning is dedicated for writing stuffs. And, I've kept a reasonably blank slate for the weekend.

I've set a target of 3,000 new words on one of my current projects.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Payne said...

Congrats on the shortlisting.

I agree about the young adult stuff. I've been reading a lot of YA stuff recently and it stands up great against a lot of adult stuff out there... terrific original ideas, great characters...

Ben Payne

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on making another short list. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I'm going to write a YA novel for NaNoWriMo. They are fun to read, and fun to write. But when I'm in a mood to write horror, it's nice to know that adult markets exist. :)

I hope you meet your 3K word goal!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks guys.

I got my thousand words down yesterday and am just warming up to launch into todays words!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home