Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm struggling with a cold bug. The sore throat started last Thursday and by Sunday had progressed to a hacking cough. Now the cough is only with me at night - so I'm functioning much like a zombie at present. Add into the equation a bout of 'dodgey chicken' tummy last night and I'm really cruising on the highway of health!

Tonight I've got to attend a book launch - when all I really want to do is find my bed and collapse in it - the sooner the better! I'm sure once I get there I'll perk up - but that isn't helping me right now.

I'm determined that I'll be better by the weekend and have booked in a run with my weekend running buddy early on Saturday morning. It will either show I'm better or make me worse.

I bought a copy of 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel today. Someone recommended it to me a year ago - I found it in the young adult section - which surprised me as I hadn't realised it was a YA novel. So it seems my flirtation with the YA genre continues!

In writing projects I've got a 1,000 word flash to refine over the weekend and the first rewrite of my story for the Outcast Anthology to work through... and I really need to get back to the YA novel thingy.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home