Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back from a whirlwind 6 days in Tasmania with L. It was a wonderful escape - and every place we went to we came away from saying 'just another day would have been good'.

We splurged a little on accommodation - as a result every night was extra specially good. From rainforest retreats, to historic bed and breakfasts.

There was a steam train and historic diesel engine trip - and I managed to talk my way up front with the driver for a section of the trip. Fabulous - but more changes needed to my novel I now realise.

Climbing of Cradle Mountain.... I nearly made it to the top. With 15 metres to go, no track, just rock climbing I shouldn't have looked down! It's sad to discover that, though I have always considered myself a gutsy outdoor chick... I'm actually a coward. A wonderful day - but the body is still recovering from 6 hours of solid walking (and climbing!)

Now home with a uni assignment due on Friday, shopping, bills to pay and the edge of a snuffle. Though it was lovely to curl up in my own bed for an afternoon nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like Tasmania was beautiful and rejuvenating for you and L.

I'm actually a coward.
I wouldn't call it cowardly to be afraid of heights. I'm terrified of them, myself. I think of it more on the lines of self-preservation. :)

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home